Valley Flooring uses a high performance two component urethane on all pre-finished flooring which provides superior hardness, mar and scratch resistance. It is non-yellowing and formaldehyde free giving you a finish that is not only beautiful but is durable and eco-friendly.
Wood floors are a lifetime investment. Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear which creates scratches. Wood floors are not impervious to the day to day grit and spills.
- Do place protective pads on furniture legs.
- Do place door mats and area rugs in high traffic areas. Ensure that they stay dry and cleaned underneath often.
- Do vacuum often with a soft brush attachment. Do not use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar.
- Do sweep often to remove dirt and particles. Dust mop with a soft terry cloth mop or microfiber pad. Always clean the floors after a major event that involves a high volume of traffic.
- Do clean up spills immediately with a soft clean cloth or slightly damp sponge.
- Do use cleaners and restore products designed for no wax pre-finished or urethane floors such as Dutch Essentials Wood & Glass Multi-Purpose Cleaner. This product not only cleans stubborn stains, it also removes 99.9% of all bacteria.
- Do not use wet mops.
- Do not use products containing amonia.
- Do not use dust cleaners or furniture polishes.
- Do not use cleaners designed for acrylic floors or acrylic floor polish.
- Never wax the floor or use products containing wax as they could be dangerous. Wax could cause yellowing and other defects to the finish. Instead, use Dutch Essentials Wood Flooring & Furniture Polish. This product contains no wax or silicone.